Saturday, March 7, 2015

Helpful Cooking Hints

I came across this great article about cooking in Architecture and Design, strangely enough. It is basically a series of diagrams and visuals that provide helpful hints about flavours and ingredient equivalencies.

Click here to go to the website. The 27 infographics range from how to make a variety of homemade soups to a handy chart on metric conversion. The one I can never remember is: how much is a stick of butter? I have some great recipes for baked goods that call for sticks of butter and I have to look it up every time. According to the chart in this article, a stick is half a cup.

Actually, come to think of it, I guess it is not strange for this publication to include this article. Design concepts are very much a part of cooking, including preparation, kitchen equipment, and the aesthetics of food presentation.

6. For Metric conversions.

For Metric conversions.




No comments:

Post a Comment